Saturday, March 21, 2009

Set your heart free...





This delicious new piece has a new home already, however, there are more on the way. This will always be a one of a kind, but the inspiration that was spawn by the freedom I experienced when working on this was amazing!

The original pattern had tucked in wings and a brown heart shaped bottle for the center. It seemed a little small for the size of the bottle and I decided to make the piece much larger to see if it would balance out. There was still something off about it. Making new patterns is no easy task, so I shelved the project for a spell. Trouble is it kept nagging me...every time I entered the studio I saw it and wanted to work on it, but the time commitment was too grand while I was preparing for a show. I could work on this giant piece or complete a slew of smaller works...the smaller works won and eventually I got to set my heart free. The process was like like making a bed with the finest linens available. The thing practically made itself. Once I was willing to part with the key feature, in reality a cool, but ugly heart shaped bottle acquired from a second hand store, everything fell into place...