Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back, but not wearing black or to black...

I have been working the last 3 days on new patterns. It has been rainy and cold here in Tucson and I have been, literally, planted in front of the fireplace with a pile of pencils, colored pencils, erasers, eraser guards, sharpies(the retractable extra fine sharpie is my fave), the last few over-sized sheets of toothy water colour paper acquired at a tag sale for a song from a woman who would only let them go to some one she thought was going to use it artistically (I never told her I was a painter, just that I was an artist!), a 19" plastic ruler (if it was wooden it would have been thrown into the fire! Years of tapping along/make believe sword play has pocked the edge. feh.), NPR ( I am going to guess it is National Autism Awareness Month AND Nation Jazz Appreciation Month ) a pitcher of water, a bag of trail mix, 3 boxes of bottles, one giant box of old patterns and two dogs taking turns keeping me warm. I have an unimpressive pile that will not reflect the amount of work I have put in until I cut the glass for each one, then foiled, soldered, cleaned and polished, signed and bubble wrapped each one. For now I will just have to live with the tragic mess that is 99 new pieces ready for the next stage if I am...the O.C. in me wants to keep going until all the components in the house have patterns, it's just one more box...